Sunday, April 4, 2010

OKAY! I'm Forgetful. Sue Me! (updated)


I admit it. I'm forgetful. Just a little bit but still...

...

Damn! I just forgot what I was about to say.

Okay. No post today. I forgot my topic.

JUST KIDDING!

But I'd like to ask, ARE YOU FORGETFUL?

Because I am.

I said that already. I know.

Anyway, I just forgot a friend's birthday the other day and I was totally embarrassed!

*Update: What makes this matter worse is that she texted me 2 weeks before her birthday to invite me to her party. I said I wasn't sure if I'd be able to and she was like, "Okay. Just tell me if you can come."*

Some friend you are.

I can hear you, jerk!

Okay. I have never actually forgotten birthdays before. I use the calendar on my phone to remind me. And I always give something. If you're a super friend -- someone who ALWAYS gives me birthday presents  -- (haha!), I'd give YOU a gift. If you're just a kinda friend (a coworker maybe), I'd at least send a text message or write on your Facebook wall.

Unless I really never knew your birthday, or you're someone I know but never really had a conversation with. Then don't expect any birthday greetings from me. That would be really stupid!

Anyway, here's my excuse: I WORK NIGHT SHIFTS. So what's daytime to my friends is nighttime to me. You know? I sleep before noon! It's like were in different time zones. So usually, when my brain-abusive cellphone's alarm goes off to remind me of something, I am sound asleep. (Actually, for some reason, her birthday is not on my calendar. But don't tell her that). But seriously, since I've been on night shift, dates have been kind of confusing to me. Because for example, tonight, April 3rd, I woke up at around 10 p.m. and then I had dinner, watched a little TV, and suddenly, TADAAAAA! It's April 4th! That's why I kinda suck at keeping track with dates right now. So I don't even try anymore.


So you understand my predicament?

Yes. Lately, I've been calendarly impaired.

But I'm gonna text her.

Now, let me just try to remember where I put my cellphone.


16 comments:

  1. Dude, don't worry about it!

    I swear to fucking GOD I asked the hubby the other day what year it was!

    I just had to make sure...

    I get confused, okay bitch????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lols... I know what you mean. I'm that way sometimes too. =) Now, go find that cellphone of yours so you can text your friend a birthday greeting. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol i'm like that from time to time too. Not to mention i do have a problem of misplacing things :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahaha! I remember important dates. No problem with that. But when it comes to where I put things away, my memory fails me. Completely.

    Have you found your phone yet? ;p

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup yup yup. I've got a memory like a spaghetti strainer, I always tell people! ... Who am I again? More importantly, which one are you?? Bahahaha!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I forget birthdays all the time! Including those of family members. Meh - it happens. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, I know EXACTLY what you mean. Take today (I say that figuratively) for instance... when I got to work it was Sunday night but I'll leave on Monday morning. I'll sleep through the middle part of the day and wake up around 5 or so this afternoon, so it's technically still Monday. My todays and tomorrows are ALWAYS confusing, especially when I'm trying to make plans with someone!

    But it will get better. I know you didn't ask for advice, but this is what I do. The parts of the day when the sun shines are still day and the parts where the moon and stars are out are still night. I tried transposing them to keep my sanity when I first started the overnight producing gig, but found out soonly thereafter that it only accelerated my slide into insanity.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am totally the same way! And I feel like such a jerk everytime I realize I gorgot something important!

    At least you can blame your night shift! Make sure you play that up big time! Tell her about how bad the shift is messing with your system until she feels so awful she buys YOU a gift! hehe... it's genius!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I forget everything. But you already know this. We've talked.

    Or did we?

    Shit.

    I forgot. :/

    ReplyDelete
  10. ashley: Oh, yeah, sometimes I forget the year too. Hahaha.

    chinkygirlmel: found it! haha. left it under my pillow!

    andhari: yeah. it's good to know that i'm not the only one. Haha.

    johana: you remember dates? dude, you're like a genious. lol. and yup. found my phone under my pillow. ;)

    sami: oh, i forget names too. haha! that's really bad.

    pgl: what's embarrasing is that she invited me 2 weeks before for her birthday. and i forgot to even greet her. ;)

    ashton: my todays and tomorrows are ALWAYS confusing. EXACTLY!
    And thanks for that advice.

    katherine: what a brilliant plan! haha! i'll make her really guilty. if she doesn't buy me a gift, she should at least give me the most expensive one she got! brilliant!

    christina: i think we did. i'm not sure. i can't remember. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been forgetting a lot of friends' birthdays, too. I think it's been getting me in trouble :/

    ReplyDelete
  12. i just found a link to you on 20sb! I totally agree about the night shift, though. My boyfriend works that schedule and it messes everything up, especially since his "weekend" is Tuesday and Wednesday. He tells me goodnight at 2 in the afternoon. Sometimes it's frustrating but I'm working on seeing it better through his perspective. I hope your friend understands.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes! I do remember dates! Sometimes phone numbers too. ;p

    ReplyDelete
  14. david: i have been cheating by using my phones reminder thingy but it failed me!! ;D

    maureen: thanks for dropping by. anyway, i do that too, you know? saying goodnight to my mom at noon? haha!

    johana: phone numbers? never really tried to memorize those. hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I feel for you! I always feel bad when I forget someone's birthday. But I never get mad if someone forget mine, so you probably feel much worse then there is need for!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am eternally forgetful. It's not my greatest trait, so I can definitely relate to this.
    Also I used to work night shifts and it made me even worse, so don't be too hard on yourself.

    ReplyDelete